Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

British Wavemasters Champion 2012

Britsh Wavemasters
Westwood Ho
N.Devon
photo: Mark Ding Glendinning


It's been a busy month or so....married in Septemeber, Honeymoon in Brazil for two weeks (see below) one week at home then the Epic Dealer Trip (more to follow).
In the short week we had at home we decided last minute to enter the BKSA British Wavemasters Championships in N.Devon.  We could only attend 3 of the 5 days because I already had flights booked to Hatteras N.Carolina USA for the dealer week, this turned into two weeks because of  Hurricane Sandy.

Anyway we rushed down on Sunday the fisrt day of the comp but due to no wind we fornunately didn't miss any heats. The next three days got better and better, Westwood Ho was banging at times...Wednesday was pumping a huge swell and super strong gusty cross off winds from the left (both Sarah and my wrong side)
By the end Wednesday I was leading the seniors (over 35) and Sarah was joint leader in the ladies.

The final of the seniors saw me up against the main man and great freind...Trevor Hale, past British champ too many times ;-) I could not have wished for a better rider to come up against as I have the upmost respect for Trevor's wave riding skills!
I managed to get a few set waves from out the back all the way to the beach which I hoped would help my challenge against Trevor.

We'd already committed to leaving for home by Wednesday eve at latest.

It was decided to do a countback for the decider of the ladies title so we left for home and then my journey onwards to Heathrow and the USA. So as we drove home we still didn't know the results as they were possibly going to run another day of the seniors on the Thursday, as it happened they didnt and I got a txt from my mate Wayne whilst sat at Heathrow waiting for my flight to say I'd won!!

Sadly Sarah was't so lucky and the countback went in foavour of Keira Allwood so Sarah got 2nd place
Unfortunately we missed the Prize Giving party at the end of the comp but hey ho, we took home booty!


No comments:

Post a Comment