Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday 28 March 2010

The Point, Porthcawl


Saterday a few of us met at Rest Bay, but very light winds. Alun Jenkins and Tom Butler set off for Aberavon, I set off for home!!

On the way home I thought the wind was picking up slightly so checked one of my favorite spots, a point break near our house. The wind was showing steady 20mph on my wind meter so I called the other guys who were still watching light winds at Aber.


I had about 1 hour of pretty good conditions on the point. Small waves peeling right and the N.W. winds also from the right, perfect conditions for me!! I was joined by Alun, Tom and Gareth Jones all extremly conpetant kitesurfers.


Above is a photo from the point back in December on a slightly bigger day.
NB. This is not a spot for novices or even intermediates as there are rocks surrounding you everywhere plus strong rips etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment